Studying for an FM qualification through The Business School
has never looked more attractive
The Business School is proud to be approved by IWFM to deliver their cutting edge qualifications, not only because it is an external demonstration of the quality of what we do, but because we know the opportunities that studying an IWFM qualification can open up to our learners.
IWFM is the body for workplace and facilities professionals, and exists to promote excellence among a worldwide community of over 17,000 and to demonstrate the value and contribution of workplace and facilities management more widely.
“Facilities management doesn’t just touch workplaces, such as offices and manufacturing plants. It also impacts on places like shopping centres, airport terminals and rail services used by the public, campuses used by students, and so on. As a discipline it’s played a tremendously important role in supporting our businesses and our communities during the COVID-19 pandemic. As an industry, its suppliers create a tremendous amount of social value from the work they do.”
FM is a vibrant, forward-thinking and dynamic environment – this is demonstrated by the Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management (IWFM) latest Awards categories which include:
- Positive Climate Action
- Social Value
- Diversity Initiative
- Frontline Heroes
To further demonstrate the attractiveness of working in the FM sector, IWFM have recently published their Pay and Prospects Survey. This is a hugely interesting read for anyone exploring entering or progressing in the industry – here are some of the highlights:
- Under half the people surveyed said pay was the top factor in their choice – highlighted factors include job security, interesting work, work-life balance.
- Those entering direct from full time education is around 70% – this means there are opportunities for all, regardless of all ages and backgrounds.
- Qualifications and professional development drive upward mobility – benefits of qualifications translate directly into greater professional confidence (65% of respondents) and the likelihood of higher pay – almost all employers are now offering development opportunities.
- The most frequently recognised benefits of completing qualifications amongst respondents is gaining more confidence. (65% of respondents).
- Over 50% specify that they prefer to participate in qualifications, and it may be that these are preferred because of the transferable nature of qualifications compared with knowledge gained on short courses.
- Diversity and opportunities are encouraged by the majority of employers (92%).
So now the time to take the plunge for some new challenges with enormous opportunities available.
Study a short IWFM Level 3, 4 or 5 Award in Facilities Management qualification at The Business School and start your professional progression. The Award courses are short and sweet and therefore cost-effective in terms of both cost and time. What have you go to lose?
 New IWFM Impact Awards Chair of Judges David Sharp: ‘Our profession is something very special that deserves to be recognised’
 IWFM Impact Awards 2021: healthcare and sustainability dominate as FM’s contribution celebrated
 Discover the current state of the workplace and FM profession in the Pay and Prospects Survey 2021 report
If you would like more information about any of our courses, please contact us by email or telephone or our online form:
Telephone: 0116 367 4858
We look forward to hearing from you.