We are now approved by Focus Awards to deliver the Focus Award Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocational Achievement (RFQ).
We are now approved to deliver the Focus Award Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocational Achievement (RFQ). This award is for those who assess occupational competence in the work environment and vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in non-workplace environments such as a workshop, classroom or other training environment.
If you hold this award, you will be able to assess apprentices in your area of expertise. This award is also of great benefit within organisations that deliver training to their employees; who are working on performance management and the development of people. Or working with training providers and colleges, who are delivering qualifications and training to a huge range of audiences and across a huge range of sectors.
The course consists of two mandatory units:
Understanding the principles and practices of assessment, including understanding:
- The principles and requirements of assessment
- The different types of assessment method
- How to plan an assessment
- How to involve learners and others in the assessment
- How to make assessment decisions
- Quality assurance of the assessment process
- How to manage information relating to assessment
- The legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment
Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding, including being able to:
- Prepare assessments of vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
- Carry out assessments of vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
- Provide required information following the assessment of vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
- Maintain legal and good practice requirements during when assessing vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
Assessment is via an evidence based approach. Both units require a portfolio to be kept which demonstrates achievement for each aspect of the course.
This qualification has been accredited for use in England and Northern Ireland.
More information on this course is found here: Qualification Specification
The course is carried out via our Virtual Learning Environment, with evidence generated outside of it. More information on our Virtual Learning Environment is found HERE.
The course is found on our VLE here: Focus Award Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocational Achievement (RFQ)
The Business School is constantly developing new programmes which need assessing. If you would like to work with us we would love to hear from you whether you are qualified as an assessor or not, as we will be happy to work with you through this qualification, whilst you are working with us.
If you would like more information, please contact us by email or telephone or our online form:
Telephone: 0116 367 4858
We look forward to hearing from you.